Saturday, January 17, 2009

As I'm typing this I hear the words "Oh yeah the games on" and the sound of the television flickering to life. It just goes to show that my family is very low-key when it comes to hockey. After reading frostee's blog I know they are playing Caroline today. However, the only thing I know about Carolina is this:
-Their symbol is the Hurricanes.
-They beat us the only year I actually thought the Sabres had a chance and went on to win the Stanley cup.

In other non hockey related news
-I just watched "Across the Universe" It was a good movie, about a British guy from Liverpool who illegally goes to America to search for his father to the tune of Beetles songs. There he finds a bum of a dad, a blonde girlfriend and some really trippy drugs. (Again, all to the tune of Beetles songs) The choreography is great and the Scene to Song transitions are a heck of a lot better than the ones from "Mamma Mia." That's what I could tell from the story, when I stopped drooling over Jim Sturgess enough to pay attention. (BTW: loved 21. A must see)
-I'm really hoping Frostee's exchange student is named Chow. Don't Ask, just Accept.

2 comments: