Monday, January 12, 2009

Hockey 101

Let us start with the first in what I hope is a series of hockey related posts. Since I am a hockey idiot, and know almost nothing let's start with the basics.
  • Players follow around a little black peice of rubber with sticks. Wooden ones.
  • Heavily padded men try to sit on the pucks as soon as possible. (I refuse to make any sitting on sticks comments, or any comments on how a certain Russian can't keep from joining the goalie in the net. Don't worry, we'll cover this.)
  • Oh crud I dont even know how many players play at once...
  • Each player has a name but they also have ridiculous nicknames. Memorizing these nicknames is a tedious task, but one I'm willing to take on.
  • That's basically it...

Stay posted (get it, posted?) for news on more hockey segments. I plan on doing "An idiots guide to the game you just watched" and "Your guide to confusing Hockey Nicknames"

No comments:

Post a Comment